The Google AdWords Preview Tool has added some new features in order to improve the tool. The news was announced on 19 January, on the Google AdWords blog post. With the made improvements, you can now check how your ads will appear on different devices in different places.
You can check out all the newly added features at the Ad Preview Tool page.
Some notable functions and benefits that AdWords users can expect are:
- Mobile advertisements optimization.
- Advertisers can see how their ads will appear on various devices, like mobile devices with full Internet browser facilities, without actually possessing all of them (devices).
- You can check if your ad is showing correctly in a particular geographical location by using the name of the place.
- In case you are using location extensions, you can check out if your ads are displaying correctly in a particular location by entering the latitude and longitude (of the location) in to the ad preview tool.
- You can also let people know how far away they are from your business by checking if a hyperlocal distance marker is available for your ads.
The following is an example provided by in the blog post by the AdWords team, explaining the usage of the tool. “?we’ve entered our keyword red roses to see if it’s triggering ads in New York:
In addition to displaying the ads for that search, the Preview Tool now specifically confirms whether your ad is showing and links to the relevant campaign and ad group. If your ad isn’t showing, the Preview Tool will tell you why, helping you understand if you need to adjust your bids, location targeting, daily budget, or optimize your account.
Using the new Device setting, you can also view and diagnose your ads for high-end mobile devices. You can even choose the specific device and carrier you’re interested in, so you can check ad visibility on multiple devices without borrowing all of your friends’ phones!”